Tuesday 27 January 2009

Hot, Hot, Hot...

Yes, it`s summer here in my neck of the woods, & though I do love the outdoors, some days are just too hot to be outside...I have been away from the computer for a few days, as we were sans DD for 4 days (& nights!) so DH & I had lots of "grown-up" time, just lovely : ) On Sunday we went to one of our favourite haunts, the Tyabb Packing House ( in Tyabb, funnily enough) which is a great big antiques centre, full of gorgeous stuff. DH always manages to find a book, or ten LOL, & I love looking through the old habadashery, lots of old buttons, laces & fabrics. I bought this great book, because the title just made me laugh so much...

Can you imagine publishing a book with this title nowadays? BTW, the "Radiation" refers to the sales company which marketed the Regulo New World Cookers, & this was aimed at their customers...The first edition was printed in Octeber 1927, but my edition is the 46th, printed in March 1955...

No comments: