Wednesday, 30 March 2011

An Autumn Card

A very quick card, in Autumn colours and using "leaves" for Sandie's monthly challenge.
I raided my stash for some pp (old Scenic Route), cut the tag out of a cardboard box (it's always good to recycle) and coloured it using some "vintage photo" Distress ink as well as some "lettuce" Adirondack ink, the sentiment is from THIS Darkroom Door set, the leaves are shapes punched out of wc paper (painted with Twinks H2Os) and the meshy ribbon (which comes in lots of different colours) is THIS one (I love the texture it adds to paper projects, and I used some PVA glue to stick it in place), I also used THIS ribbon and THIS jute cord (lots of different colours to choose from in the jute also!
I hope the intended recipient likes his card : )

Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Finally, Something to Share...

I finally got around to finishing my entry for this month's paint challenge over at Sarah's blog, INKURABLE STAMPERS.   Make sure you check out her beautiful sample on her blog, too.

I started by painting a Collections chipboard shape with a base colour of pale beige (Kaiser acrylic paint) then adding some veridian (Reeves acrylic paint) to the edges.    I then used various stamps (Darkroom Door's Lovebirds, Gothic Arches, Wildflowers Vol 1, Flourish b'ground stamp)  Delish clear stamps (tiny script), Victoria's Secret (alphabet), Catslife Press (a little bird...), all stamped with Archival ink (jet black)overlapping the images with MM's sea foam glaze, and using some bubble wrap and white acrylic paint.      For the sentiment, I stamped the individual letters (Etcetera Circa 1937 foam stamps) with black acrylic paint onto some kraft coloured card, trimmed the letters with some decorative scissors,  and when dried, I covered them with DM and stuck them on with a mix of ds tape and foam tape.     I added the red paper flower, a flower cut out of a playing card (using an Alterations die) and a brad, all covered with a touch of diamond Stickles. 

   There's still a few days left to join in, so if you get the chance, why not have a bit of a  messy play with some paint, and don't forget to use at least one stamp, and enter this great challenge for a chance to win some fab prizes : )    
 Now, I'd better get a move-on and join in with Sandie's theme for this month also : )

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Say Hi with a Card

Another quick post with a card for Stampotique Challenge blog, using this great "faux barnwood" tutorial from Technique Junkie.      I chose different acrylic paint colours to the ones suggested, but it was fun trying something different, and I do love the crackle effect so I'll definitely be doing it again!!!    

This is the paint just applied.
This is the paint/glue drying, the crackling can be seen.
This is my finished card.
Head holding his heart baloon.

Doesn't the crackling look amazing?!
 Again I'm hoping I make it in time for this great challenge (thank goodness for the time difference!)
For the actual card, I followed the directions in the tutorial, and while my background was drying I stamped "Head" onto glossy cs with timber brown StaZon ink, and coloured him with some Souffle pens.   I added the fence (an Alterations die-cut) and used some foam tape for added dimention.     The chipboard heart was cut free-hand, dry-embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder (swirls) painted with red acrylics, and inked with timber brown StaZon ink, and the letters are Carolee's tiny letter stickers.
Thanks for your visit, and see you soon : )

Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Flower Stamping

Have a look HERE for a quick and easy tutorial : )