Thursday, 29 October 2009
Saturday, 17 October 2009
Wednesday, 14 October 2009
Monday, 5 October 2009
The first card is a heart-shaped gate fold card, made for the INKURABLE STAMPERS WCMD comp. The card measures 10cm X 16cm closed, & 30cm X 16cm open
I started with a BB piece of cs (30 cm X 16 cm) & scored it at 5 cm(mountain fold), 5cm(valley fold),10 cm(valley fold),& 5cm(mountain fold). I then drew, cut & traced the pattern of the heart onto the outside folds, distressing the edges. Using the same pattern, I traced it onto white cs (cutting it a bit smaller), which I then applied GM to in brown & sunflower. I cut the heart in 2 & stuck the 2 halves to the outside folds, stitching them in place. I then stamped the script image (from the DRD Sweet Dreams set) I stamped the dolls stamp(Catslife Press, from TSQ) onto a scrap piece of previously stamped paper (Dancing Spirals Sculpey clay texture sheet/stamp) using Versafine black ink & clear EP( cutting the image in half ) & layered the images onto matching cs, distressing the edges.
The inside of the card has a piece of torn mulberry paper, & the sentiment (Catslife Press from TSQ) was stamped with black ink & clear EP.
& the following are my entries for the DARKROOM DOOR BLOG comp, which had to be uploaded to the FLICKR DRD group:
I just realized that I`m only meant to have one card only (it`s good to take the time to read the details!!!!)
Anyway, here`s the recipe for my cards: A white base card, some torn mulberry paper, some machine sewing, Stamped image from the Viva La Flora Vol 2, using Marvy ink, layered over some red cs, & some more sewing in the corners, with some red ribbon, & the sentiment is from the Full Bloom Vol 1 set
For the second card I used the Venetian Vol 1 image stamped with brown ink & clear embossing powder, & coloured with chalks, & I did a second stamping & put that image onto a square piece of chipboard to give the 3-D look (which can be seen a little better in the close-up photo) The word Explore is from the same set of stamps, stamped onto fabric with black ink, & covered with clear EP.
Lots of texture with the torn cs (but no sewing LOL)
Thursday, 1 October 2009
For challenge #3 I had to use a home-made journal tag, use staples or pins, use a mix of alphas for the title, & I had to have a title AND a subtitle...
And again, as I didn`t have any left-overs, I used the doodling on my card.