Monday, 29 August 2011

Second Tilda Cloth Doll

I made my second Tilda doll (using a pattern from THIS BOOK) over the weekend, it was a present for one of my nieces (she's 9 years old) and thankfully, she loved it, but so did her little sister, so I think I'll be making another one for Christmas LOL...

I forgot to measure her, but she's roughly 55 cms long, I drew in the facial features with my trusty Zig Millenium pen (O.3) drawing her lips and filling them in with MM's Glaze (Ruby).   I painted her slippers with the same colour...and added a RIBBON FLOWER from CRAFT QUEEN to trim her dress (adding a little KG to the center of the flower).    As always, the hardest step with making a cloth doll is the stuffing, but I got my lovely daughter to help me with the legs and the arms, and she did a great job after I explained that we didn't want too much cellulite showing LOL!   : )     Anyways, if you are a cloth-doll maker, I can highly recommend Tilda's books, there's always beautiful photos to inspire you, and although they are a little advanced for beginners, the patterns are fairly easy to follow...the hardest part is choosing the right fabrics from all the beautiful cottons available : )      I hope you've enjoyed the break from paper-related crafts, I know I did : )

Saturday, 27 August 2011

How Can You Resist?

Have a look HERE to find out more about the technique I used for this card...

And if you'd like to have a play with a new CARD KIT, have a look HERE, such a nice and cheery kit, and just in time for Spring : )

Have you seen THESE?   Don't they look fabulous!!!
And while you're there, don't forget to have a look at all the NEW PRODUCTS that have arrived at CRAFT QUEEN, including DISTRESS INKS!!!! 
There's also new PAPERS! ( and clever Nicole has taken the guess work out of the picture by putting together a bundle of matching ribbons to go with those beautiful papers)
So there you are, lots for you have a look at...enjoy your weekend, and don't forget to CREATE  : )

Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Bright and Beautiful... the theme for this month's challenge over at Crafty Individuals Blog, and I've just finished my entry.
I've used one of my favourite surfaces to stamp on, a 1" square piece of Stampbord, the background was painted with Garnet Twinks H2Os, and the image stamped using Archival ink (jet black), I then scratched some highlights and added a coat of DM, added the bail and it's now a pendant.     Here are the photos to prove it   : )

I hope it's "bright and beautiful" enough to qualify...

Sunday, 21 August 2011

Back With A Sketch...

Inkurable Stampers blog is back, and Sarah is trialing a new way to link up the entries : )  For this month she has provided a great sketch for us to play with, and today I got the time to clear my craft table and play along.   I just used the sketch as is, and I was all ready to stick the papers down when I realized I had forgotten to STAMP!!!!    So, I got out a flourish stamp(AL) and stamped the image onto my dark green cs with black ink, colouring in with pastel pencils, and also added a previously stamped and heat-embossed scrap (DD French Script) which I coloured with Adirondack ink (lettuce) and stuck on with foam tape for added dimention.    The pps are from a Prima 6" x 6" pad and I used my nestabilities to cut the shapes.    The sentiment is from a DD Wordstrip, the ribbon is HERE, and the shell button is HERE, and now for some photos:

There's still time to join in with this great challenge, just don't forget you need to use at least one stamp to qualify : )

Saturday, 20 August 2011

A Bratz Mermaid?

Last month I joined in with "Alter It Monthly", and the theme was Dolls...  & I really enjoyed playing along (you can see my first altered doll HERE)  so I thought for this month's THEME I would also alter a Bratz doll, though this one turned out a little too cute for my liking, LOL.    I forgot to take "before" photos, but I'm sure you get the idea, and as a bonus, this one had hair!
This is where she will live, we've had the large glass container for many years, & have added little treasures from beachcombing trips, so I think she will feel right at home...    I began the alteration by removing the doll's make up, then applied a mossy green acrylic glaze to the body, adding acrylic paints in varying colours as well as KG and Stickles to the hair.        The fish tail was made by covering a "sandwich" of cardboard cut into shape with masking tape, then painted over with acrylic paint, and lots of KG and Stickles were added for shine and texture : )

The facial features were added with ZIG Signature pens, the bust was covered with starfish punches cut from scraps of watercoloured paper.     As I said, her face looks too cute for my liking, but I think she makes a lovely mermaid...I hope you think so too, thanks for visiting : )

Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Creating with Darkroom Door Stamps

Here are a few projects I've found while cleaning up the computer (as you do LOL) 

I hope you're having a great day...we have gone back to a proper winter here in Melbourne, complete with rain, so a great day for crafting  : )