Monday 29 August 2011

Second Tilda Cloth Doll

I made my second Tilda doll (using a pattern from THIS BOOK) over the weekend, it was a present for one of my nieces (she's 9 years old) and thankfully, she loved it, but so did her little sister, so I think I'll be making another one for Christmas LOL...




I forgot to measure her, but she's roughly 55 cms long, I drew in the facial features with my trusty Zig Millenium pen (O.3) drawing her lips and filling them in with MM's Glaze (Ruby).   I painted her slippers with the same colour...and added a RIBBON FLOWER from CRAFT QUEEN to trim her dress (adding a little KG to the center of the flower).    As always, the hardest step with making a cloth doll is the stuffing, but I got my lovely daughter to help me with the legs and the arms, and she did a great job after I explained that we didn't want too much cellulite showing LOL!   : )     Anyways, if you are a cloth-doll maker, I can highly recommend Tilda's books, there's always beautiful photos to inspire you, and although they are a little advanced for beginners, the patterns are fairly easy to follow...the hardest part is choosing the right fabrics from all the beautiful cottons available : )      I hope you've enjoyed the break from paper-related crafts, I know I did : )

5 comments:

shirley said...

You are one talented crafter Vicky!
Cute doll. Love her face and hair.
Your daughter did do a good job not showing too much cellulite...he he!

Gwen Wruck said...

How sweet is this!!! Love this Vicky and yes, you are very talented!!

Jenny said...

Oooooh Vicky, she is just so sweet... love her little face... and those Tilda books... have a couple too...

Jenny x

Lyn S said...

She's gorgeous Vicky, and yes, great job with those legs!

Petrina McDonald said...

oh she's just lovely!