Thursday 29 October 2009

Christmas Cards

Well, I totally missed SBT50 CC for the month of October, I had all the best intentions in the world, but real life (& other previous commitments) got in the way...but I`m determined to make up for it in the November CC!!!
We (DH & I) have been doing a bit of spring cleaning, or rather, spring CLEARING, changing a few things around the house, & cursing the fact that ALL 3 of us (DH, DD & I) are very keen readers & collectors of books & magazines. But I had to take a break & do something creative, & I remembered that a while back I put my name down to join SANDIE in her 12 Weeks to Christmas competition (you could win some of her beautiful hand-made daisies!!!)...So here are my first 3 Christmas cards for this year, & if you are making your cards this year, you`d better get a move on LOL.
For all 3 cards I stamped my images onto the reverse side of those large Aust.post envelopes, they are white on the outside, & kraft-coloured on the inside, & I have heaps, so I thought I`d re-purpose/recycle/re-use some of them : )
On the first card I`ve stamped the reindeer image (from THIS set from DRD) as well as the word JOY (from the same set) using black Archival ink. The base card is BB, the pp is BoBunny, & the frame is Collections (from TSQ) I used a bit of ribbon, & a Carl punch for the heart. & if you look closely, there`s KG (black opal) added to the tips of the antlers.
For the next card I used the same reindeer image, but in red Stazon ink & some more KG for the antlers. I also got out my Fiskars punch & used it on the pp, & the word is mounted using some foam tape.
& for my final offering, I stamped the image (from PaperForestDesigns) with black ink, & added the words from DRD stamps using some foam tape for added dimention. The pp is from The Green Stack by DCWV (made from 70% recycled paper) So, not only am I making my own Christmas cards, but I`m helping the environment as well : )
Thank you for stopping by, & I hope you`re doing well with your Christmas cards this year : ) & If you get a chance, why not pop in & join SANDIE, you may even win yourself some beautiful flowers : )

1 comment:

Sandie said...

Wow, wow, wow Vicky. I am totally impressed with your creations.
You've done a great job. Hey you've gotta luv recycling too.

Well done Vicky. You are officialy the first entries into the draw to win some of my daisies.

Hey and thanks for the plug.

Have a great weekend.

Luv Sandie