Monday, 5 October 2009


Just in case you hadn`t noticed, this past Saturday, October 3, was the official World Card Making Day, & there`s all sorts of competitions happenning in blogland to celebrate the day! The 2 that I had time to join in with were INKURABLE STAMPERS & DARKROOM DOOR. So here are my cards:

The first card is a heart-shaped gate fold card, made for the INKURABLE STAMPERS WCMD comp. The card measures 10cm X 16cm closed, & 30cm X 16cm open
I started with a BB piece of cs (30 cm X 16 cm) & scored it at 5 cm(mountain fold), 5cm(valley fold),10 cm(valley fold),& 5cm(mountain fold). I then drew, cut & traced the pattern of the heart onto the outside folds, distressing the edges. Using the same pattern, I traced it onto white cs (cutting it a bit smaller), which I then applied GM to in brown & sunflower. I cut the heart in 2 & stuck the 2 halves to the outside folds, stitching them in place. I then stamped the script image (from the DRD Sweet Dreams set) I stamped the dolls stamp(Catslife Press, from TSQ) onto a scrap piece of previously stamped paper (Dancing Spirals Sculpey clay texture sheet/stamp) using Versafine black ink & clear EP( cutting the image in half ) & layered the images onto matching cs, distressing the edges.
The inside of the card has a piece of torn mulberry paper, & the sentiment (Catslife Press from TSQ) was stamped with black ink & clear EP.

& the following are my entries for the DARKROOM DOOR BLOG comp, which had to be uploaded to the FLICKR DRD group:

I just realized that I`m only meant to have one card only (it`s good to take the time to read the details!!!!)

Anyway, here`s the recipe for my cards: A white base card, some torn mulberry paper, some machine sewing, Stamped image from the Viva La Flora Vol 2, using Marvy ink, layered over some red cs, & some more sewing in the corners, with some red ribbon, & the sentiment is from the Full Bloom Vol 1 set

For the second card I used the Venetian Vol 1 image stamped with brown ink & clear embossing powder, & coloured with chalks, & I did a second stamping & put that image onto a square piece of chipboard to give the 3-D look (which can be seen a little better in the close-up photo) The word Explore is from the same set of stamps, stamped onto fabric with black ink, & covered with clear EP.
Lots of texture with the torn cs (but no sewing LOL)

For this next one, I used an image from THIS SET did some bleach stamping, & then overstamped with black ink & clear EP onto some painted cs (using Twinks H2Os) The lilac b`ground is a piece of core`dination card which has been dry-embossed with CB, & sanded back with a sanding block. The word is from THIS word strip.

And this one using the same set, stamped onto a salt & watercolour b`ground (one of my favourite b`grounds)

& for this last one, I swiped a yellow Marvy ink pad directly onto white cd, & then stamped the flower image using Versamark ink & covered with clear EP. I then swiped red Marvy ink over the top & used my fingers to spread the ink around, I so enjoy getting messy LOL.

Well, I sent an email to Rachel apologizing for hogging the Flickr gallery, & I promise to take my time & READ the full instructions before I jump in & start to play : ) Thank you for stopping by, & I hope that by sharing my work I have sparked your interest to get out your supplies & play too. Until next time, stay inky!


UB said...

Very beautiful. You have a wonderful creative gift. Love your web design.

Fiona said...

Great work on the challenges Vicky!

Rossylalah said...

Hi Vicky, just wanted to congratulate you personally on your win over at Inkurable. I too was lucky enough to win a prize. I love what you do and would like to invite you to check out my new blog. Love to see you there.

cuchy said...

Preciosas. sobre todo me gusta como has resaltado el cuadrado central en la tarjeta de explore.
Estás llena de creatividad. Enhorabuena.