Tuesday 15 February 2011

My First Tilda, and a Valentine...



Some time last year, my hubby gifted me Tone Finnanger's stunning book "Sew Sunny Homestyle" & a few days ago I finally finished my first Tilda cloth doll using one of the patterns included in this book...& I think she's beautiful, but that's just my opinion LOL.       She was hard to photograph, as she's not able to stand, but where there's a will, there's a way : )

And as you can see, she has just had a big shopping spree for ribbons over at CRAFT QUEEN LOL.
The velvet flower ribbon on her dress can be found HERE, the pink crochet flower is HERE, the ribbon on the tiny bag is HERE, & the ribbons inside her bag are HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.
Her hair ribbons are white cotton fabric strips hand-dyed with GM.(deep plum)

Now, if you follow the CRAFT QUEEN blog, you may have seen this card, if not, I'll share it here now.



I hope you all had a great Valentine's day yesterday, and even if you don't celebrate the day, do take the time to acknowledge that special someone in your life, because it's not the ride that counts, but the person that takes the ride with you  ; )   Don't you think so?      
Have a great day, wherever in this big, wide world you happen to be, and as always, thank you for your visit...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is very pretty Vicky! Love all the ribbons you have used on her!

Nicole said...

Love these projects Vicky- gorgeou little basket!

Gail said...

how cute is she - I have patterns for angels, a cockerel and all manor of things which I never get around to making. I'm sure your daughter will love her.