Friday 18 February 2011

A Leathery Bookmark...

The new theme over at INKURABLE STAMPERS for this month is bookmarks.    In our household there are three very avid readers, so there's always a need for bookmarks, though some of us do the folding-down-the-upper-corner bit (I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that, right?   : )      Anyway, I decided to have a look in my box of bits and pieces, and found an off-cut of grey coloured leather that I thought would make the perfect background for my new bookmark.




I started by cutting the leather to size, I then applied some white acrylic paint, and when dried, I stamped the following stamps using Archival Ink (jet black) masking as required: Victoria's Secret "art definition", Cats life Press "the answer...", Basic Grey "to do" clear stamps, and an oldie clear stamp from Studio Astarte "reading", I then trimmed both edges with an Alterations Die.      I then got a domino sized Stampbord piece and a 1" piece and covered them both with StaZon inks in the following colours: rusty brown, mustard, blazing red, and timber brown.    The images are from THIS and  THIS Darkroom Door sets of stamps, and were stamped using StaZon ink in black.    I then highlighted the images by scratching the tiles, and sealed them with a coating of Dimentional Magic.           The silver chain was salvaged out of a bag of broken/tangled jewellery which my daughter was throwing away a while ago, so that's my bit of recycling for the day  : )       
I hope you are having a great day, wherever you are   : ) 

1 comment:

Lyn S said...

Fabulous bookmark Vicky! I love the Stampbord piece! Did you use a border punch on the leather for the scalloped edges?