Wednesday, 14 April 2010

A Fun Weekend...

The INKURABLE STAMPERS 2nd birthday celebrations were a real blast, SARAH had lots of fun games at the ready for us to take part in, & that was just in the chat room, thanks Sarah, & thanks also to the lovely ladies who were able to join in, though I have to say, my typing skills are sorely lacking LOL!!!!
You still have until midnight tonight Wednesday April 14th, to join in with the 3 challenges set by Sarah, of which I've only done 2...but as soon as I've finished this post I'll be getting onto the 3rd one :) time sure flies when you're having fun!!!
The top project is for challenge #2, which is to make a 2"x4" piece of art, I've never worked with that size before, but it's a fun size :) I started by cutting a piece of cs to the required 2"x4", & stamped the TH image using Versafine black ink, I then masked the image & stamped some AL flourishes on the corners using red StaZon ink. I used a texture cube (Judikins) & stamped with rust & forest green StaZon & overstamped around the edges with a tiny script stamp (Delish Designs). I stamped the sentiment to a torn piece of vellum using brown StaZon ink, & stuck the vellum down using ds tape on the back of the 2"x4"cs, I then stamped the b'flies onto scraps of vellum, & stuck them into place with ds tape, adding the tiny rhinestones as a finishing touch. A very cute size to work with :)

For challenge #1, we had to interpret a sketch. I started by turning the sketch upside down, & going from there... I used a combination of stamps on the cb cutouts (which were left-overs from a DD ATC swap!) so all the images are Darkroom Door stamped onto a spray-mist b'ground. The b'ground on the dark brown cs was made using an alphabet stamp (Victoria's Secret), Versamark ink, & Pearlex powder.The kraft cs b'ground was made by stamping the alpha stamp (VS) & a clock face (Non Sequitur) with versafine ink & CEP. I then lightly covered a piece of STAMPBORD with a combination of teal & brown StaZon inks, & stamped the clock lady (Stamp Camp) with black StaZon ink, & scratched out some highlights using some great tools especially made by the STAMPBORD people, but more on that in my next post ;)

The sentiment was stamped using a VERY old set of Leaves Memories rubber stamps, mounted onto some fabric, then mounted again to some teal pp. I added some beautiful double-sided ribbon (from CRAFT QUEEN) & some cotton string & fibres. The holes were made using the WRMK crop-a-dile, & I added eyelets to the top holes for strength, the kraft cs is stuck down to a sturdy piece of chipboard. I'm very happy with how both of these turned out, & I can't wait to see what others have done for their entries...Now, I better get a move on & do the last challenge LOL.

If you get a chance to, have a go & create, there's some gorgeous incentives up for grabs, but like I always say, you've got to be in it to win it :)

Thanks for patiently reading through my essay, sometimes it takes me longet to actually type in all the information than it takes to craft it, but I enjoy reading other crafters' blogs, & I figure other people may learn something from me, just like I have learnt from others...If only there was some way to create ALL the ideas that are often swimming in my head, usually ALL at the same time LOL. Oh well, it's not the destination, it's the journey, & the stamps you pick up along the way :)

Thank you for visiting, & I hope you've enjoyed your stay, I shall be back soon, but in the meantime, create something, it's good for the soul!


Lyn S said...

Fabulous job with the challenges Vicky! Sorry I missed all the fun, but we spent a nice long weekend at Torquay.

Gio said...

I enjoyed every line you write , thank you! Glad we met in the chat room, a fun unusual experience for me!

Your cards are lovely, rich of gorgeous details.

Fiona said...

Hi Vicky!!

I LOVE your take on the challenges! Well done! Your 2x4 is fantastic!