Wednesday 7 April 2010

Another Arch...




For INKURABLE STAMPERS GOTHIC ARCH #5, the theme is Hats, ( check out the FLICKR group HERE)& I had heaps of fun using a stamp that until now had never seen ink! I actually bought the Oxford Impressions plate at a Paperific show about 3 years ago, & this is the first time i've actually used the little boy/girl image, I know, how terrible am I LOL! Well, this is the reason I join in when I can, so my beautiful stamps don't just sit there gathering dust :)

Anyway, I covered my arch shape with an old book page, & using chalks & a cloud template I added the cloudy b'ground. I then used the street scape (from THIS set by Darkroom Door stamps) stamping it onto some white cs, tore the edges & coloured in the image using wc pencils, I then added the German trim, & painted & KG heart, & then remembered that the theme was hats LOL. I remembered that I had this image, & thought it was perfect for the theme, so I stamped it onto a scrap of white cs, cut out & coloured with a mix of wc pencils & chalk, added some KG & stuck down using some foam tape. I then stamped the banner (from THIS set by DD ) & cut out, & added the words (a sentence from THIS set by DD) & again stuck down using foam tape to add dimention. I'm very happy with how it turned out, & I'm happily rediscovering some old friends & mixing with some new ones LOL.

BTW, INKURABLE STAMPERS are celebrating 2 years of challenges...Wow, I can't believe it's been 2 years already, & I'm so happy to say that I have joined in with every single theme/challenge in that time, making new friends, learning new techniques (& revisiting some old ones as well) & all along, using my stamps to create (& on some occasions I've even won!)...So it's big cheers from me to INKURABLE STAMPERS, & here's to many more fun themes/challenges. Make sure you join in with the planned CELEBRATIONS, I'm sure Sarah has lots of fun things up her sleeve :)

3 comments:

Lyn S said...

Love this Vicky! Great images!

Godelieve said...

Wonderful scene on your arch Vicky!! Love how you used the banner at the top. Great coloring!!

Rossylalah said...

Love the layers on your arch Vicky. Looks like you can walk right into it!