Sunday 18 April 2010

Darkroom Door Photochips

Here are my entries to the current DARKROOM DOOR competition, where all you need to do to enter is use the photochips in a project, how easy is that!!! & Here are the ones I prepared earlier:The top photo is a close-up of the sewing & stamping & inking. After I chose my photochip, I wanted to add some texture, so I started by machine sewing (I already had my machine out, & it already had the red thread, so it was meant to be LOL), I then distressed the edges, & used some red (Marvy)ink to add the colour to the edges. I then got the Artist set of stamps, & inked up the spots image. I was going to go with a plain white base, but I find it hard to do plain white, so I went for colour, & used one of my favourite colour combinations of purple & green, a scrap of red tulle, some colouful ribbon (which I've had forever LOL) & the gorgeous thin velvet ribbon (from CRAFT QUEEN) To finish off my card I used the sentiment from a WORDSTRIP, distressing & inking the edges, & mounting with foam tape.
The next one is a card I made a while ago, but had not shared: A photochip from the music collection, a word from a wordstrip, some ribbon & you have yourself a card :)

For the next card I used my nesties label 1 to cut the shape out of the photochip, distressing the edges & adding the tiny words (from an old book page) & set aside.
I then got a piece of teal cs, & some velvet fabric & again, put my sewing machine through its paces, I sanded the edges of the cs, added the glitter ribbon (from CRAFT QUEEN) & stuck it to a base of black cs. The music word is from a wordstrip (surprise, surprise LOL).







As always, thank you for taking the time to visit my humble abode, & I hope I'll see you soon, & my apologies to those of you who have visited me & left me comments...I truly appreciate them & I WILL visit you soon, I promise :) In the meantime, take time to create!






2 comments:

Sandie said...

Wow Vicky, loving all your recent creations. Sorry it's been a while since I popped in.

Hope to catch up soon.

Take care.

Luv Sandie

Lyn S said...

These are all wonderful Vicky! So different from each other, very creative!