Sunday 8 February 2009

For My Valentine...



Marie had a great challenge over at Pernickety this week, to do a window card. I needed to do a card for my Valentine, so this fitted in perfectly. I couldn`t take a photo as it is late, so I`ve scanned the card closed (top image) & open (close-up of the inside heart).
I used my cuttlebug machine & a concentric heart die to cut out the heart on the front of the card, I then layered another "negative" of the heart cut-out over the front of the card, & I stamped the leaves with red & brown ink, repeating the stamping on the inside of the card...I used some tiny rhinestones (thanks Marie) for the outside corners, & some "Trimmings" rub-ons I won I while back at SBT50.


I hope you like it Marie...

7 comments:

Cuchy said...

How clever idea to cut the heart out on the cover. Just beautiful. Your friend will love it. Hughs, Cuchy

Lorri said...

Hello, Can you please email me :) and visit my blog!

Sarah Feeney said...

Gorgeous card Vicky!

I've tagged you in a fun photo game on my blog! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous art Vicky. I just love rubons .. they can make such a difference to a piece of art!
Barb
xx

Lyn S said...

This is so pretty Vicky!

Godelieve said...

Terrific window card! Love the heart shaped window!

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog
Greeting from Belgium
Louisette passion retriever, cats, fotos countries tomjutte links 's blog, likasi exexpats+ melody in Thai, vertpomme...
My second blog scrap:

http://www.aufeminin.com/mon-espace/retriever6