Friday 12 December 2008

Darkroom Door Christmas Competition Part 2


My second project for this competition is an ATC. I did the background by painting a thin wash of acrylic paints onto watercolour paper, & after leaving it overnight to dry, I stuck that to cs. I then used some Versamark ink & the "Believe, Faith, Hope..." stamp from the Darkroom Door Christmas set to stamp my background, using some Pearlex powder to give it a lovely (but hard to see in the photo) shimmery look. I added some lace, & I got to use the Pink Paislee Pixee Stix in Berry Blue (thanks to Marie, again LOL) which is meant to be glitter, but which looks more like coloured sugar, & it made me think of cocktails LOL (I used to help mum dip the glasses into lemon juice, & then into a bowl of sugar in readiness for parties, many moons ago) I then stamped the reindeer & the word Joy using Stazon ink (Royal Purple), trimmed them both & stuck them in place using ds foam tape, & added some KG for the finishing touch. I`m really happy with how this ATC turned out, & I`m glad I didn`t trim the deer image as I had initially planned LOL.


No comments: