Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I know, I really should try to spread out my posts more evenly, but I have to strike while the stamps are hot...
Here is a tag I made for my Valentine...Shhhh, don't tell my DH  LOL


I've used an Alterations die to cut my tag, onto which I've stamped a variety of images using Archival ink (jet black).    The cogs, hot air balloon, and the word "adventure" are all from THIS set of Darkroom Door stamps, the heart images are from a Prima clear set, the "ten things I love about you" is from THIS set, and the eyes are from a sheet by Time 2 Stamp.


The letters for YOU are from this Collections sheet of alphas, and the words "are my" were cut out from an old book page.       You can find the tiny red rhinestone stars HERE and the satin seam binding is HERE.      The larger rhinestones (used on the cogs) came out of the Prima pack of stamps.



For the heart (which I stuck to the bottom left hand corner on the reverse of the tag) I used a chipboard shape from a Collections sheet, covered it with texture paste, painted it with brown acrylic paint, and once dry, I rubbed some Brilliance ink (platinum planet) onto the ridges, the heart was then stuck to a piece of torn wc paper painted with Twinkling H2Os.


Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your day, whatever you may be doing...


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Vicky... your tag is gorgeous... love those eyes... and the words... incredibly sweet... and the heart is a beautiful addition... am sure your hubby will love it...

Hugs Jenny x

shirley said...

Fun Valentine tag Vicky.
Love the textured art.

Karen said...

It's beautiful! Bedroom eyes meet steampunk - fabulous! Fabulous!

Gio said...

It's simple and quite masculine, hope he likes it! i do!