Saturday 10 September 2011

Playing With Acetate

Stampotique's current challenge is "bookmarks", and I know that no matter how many bookmarks I have, I can always do with some more... 





  For this particular one, I started with a piece of clear acetate, cut it into a tag shape, stamped Gooseneck & Prom Queen on the reverse using black StaZon ink, and when dry, I added white and purple acrylic paint.     Once that was dry, I added the image of Head (stamped onto scraps of painted wc paper), the (old Collections) cs scrabble tiles, covered with a coat of DM.    I added the left-over oval center piece of a Sizzix Alterations die (folded in the middle over a piece of painted text paper)      The button is from Craft Queen, and so is the seam binding.   I also used a Souffle pen to accentuate the whites of their eyes  : )   I hope you're having a creative weekend, thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

shirley said...

Good looking friends you have on this bookmark Vicky :)
Great idea with the acetate. Love the purple.

Fiona said...

love this bookmark Vicky :) That background is fab, and I love Head in those awesome colours on the purple/white background!

Willy said...

Funny bookmark in great colours! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge # 37.

Jayne C said...

Great bookmark...love the scrabble tiles! x

joanne wardle said...

fabulous, thanks for taking part in the stampotique challenge

Anonymous said...

Love your daring colorcombi! Great use of stamps. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

thekathrynwheel said...

Great use of acetate, and I love the little fella's green head LOL! Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge :-)

Debbie said...

LOVE this! Fabulous technique and design! Love the acetate! Awesome!

Sherry said...

Fantastic bookmark! I would never have thought of using acetate, but it's turned out brilliantly!

Gez Butterworth said...

Great bookmark. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge.