Wednesday 20 April 2011

A Crafty Bookmark

I've been so busy lately that I've really struggled to set time aside to play, let alone post about it here...But here is my entry for a brand new Challenge Blog over at CRAFTY INDIVIDUALS.      I've used a STAMPBORD square piece, as well as the following stamps from CRAFTY INDIVIDUALS, butterflies, and Once Upon a Time
I started by trimming a piece of leather using a couple of Alterations dies, painting the strip with some white acrylic paint, and stamping the butterflies using jet black Archival ink.      I then covered a square piece of STAMPBORD with red StaZon ink, and I stamped the Once Upon a Time image twice, once onto a scrap piece of cardstock, and a second time onto the STAMPBORD square.       I highlighted the little girl image with a scratch tool and covered the square with a coat of DM.      The words were cut out and matted with some pp, and the fabric flowers were cut out using another Alterations die, with a gem brad as a finishing touch.         This bookmark has now gone to a new home : )   And if you have some time to spare, make sure you visit the CRAFTY INDIVIDUALS blog.




7 comments:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Vicky
I saw your entry at Crafty Individuals Challenge so thought I'd pop on over to say hi.
Your bookmark is wonderful. I'm a real Bookworm so always like to see handmade bookmarks.
Wishes
Lynne

Jean Hardy said...

Great bookmark Vicky, and thank you for entering the challenge. Jean

shirley said...

Great bookmark Vicky!
Love the girl image and the butterfly background.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful bookmark love all that grey and black and then the red just makes it really pop, gorgeous.

Marie

Von said...

That's so cool :) fab work on the stampbord
Von x

Anonymous said...

Fab bookmark Vicky. Really pretty.
Florence.
PS have a great Easter.

Netty said...

Terrific bookmark, Annette x