Friday 14 January 2011

A Christmas Card Again?

I just realized I forgot all about one of my New Year resolutions, to do a Christmas card a week!    Visit Hazel's Blog to find out more...
Anyway, here is my first Christmas card for the year...


I used a dark chocolate piece of cs as my base, some Prima pp, some pink ribbon, and both the sentiment and the deer are from THIS Darkroom Door set I used a 2" square shaped Stampbord tile, painting it with a variety of Twinkling H2Os wc paints, allowed to dry,  and stamped the image using  black StaZon ink, I then scratched the edges of the reindeer to add the highlight.    I then carefully worked out the placement of the tile and stamped the image onto my base pp, adding the Stampbord tile and some KG as a finishing touch.   
Thanks for visiting my humble abode : )

4 comments:

Cuchy said...

Love the reindeer spotlight.
Me encanta :)

Lyn S said...

Love your stampbord piece Vicky! I never thought of using Twinks on Stampbord, thanks for the idea! Good on you for getting an early start on your Christmas cards too!

shirley henry said...

Great cards Vicky!
You are a good girl getting started on your Christmas cards...thats what I should do!

Mim said...

Wow Vicky, you are on the ball! What a lovely Christmas card. I should think about doing this, I ended up with very few Christmas cards last year as a result of running out of time.