Saturday 10 July 2010

Where's #11?















LOL, I jumped the gun & did Gothic arch #12 (fabric) for SARAH's year-long Gothic arch challenge over at INKURABLE STAMPERS...but I will get to #11 eventually : )


I started my arch by cutting out an arch shape from interfacing (the grey woolly stuff), I then stamped the tree(from this DD set) using timber brown Stazon ink onto some light-weight cream cotton, & used some vellum spray to stick it down. I then added the leaf-shaped sequins (from CRAFT QUEEN, aren't they gorgeous?) & the red ceramic beads (from my stash of findings). The quote (from THIS DD set) was stamped onto green cotton fabric with Archival ink, & stuck down using the vellum spray, & the tiny piece of blue silk was added to pick up some of the colours from the interfacing. I then stuck the whole thing down to some stiff card & added the beads (also from my stash). I've been meaning to try my hand at doing some fabric ATCs, so that will be next on my ever-growing "to do" list LOL.

With all this talk of fabric, I just remembered, is anyone (in Melbourne!) going to the Craft & Quilt Fair? I'm hoping to meet Nicole (from CRAFT QUEEN) who is one of the exhibitors, & will be catching up with my friend Sandie as well! & speaking of Sandie, she has a "Christmas in July" card challenge happenning in her blog. I signed up, & still have to make a start, but I think it's a great idea, as every year Christmas seems to come around quicker than the previous year!!! So, no rest for the wicked : ) Enjoy your day, wherever you may be in this big, beautiful world of ours, & thank you for your visit : )

4 comments:

Sandie said...

Hello there my friend.

popping in for a VERY belated visit.

You have been up to heaps of lovely creations.

Well done and happy creating.

Luv Sandie

(See you soon)

Lyn S said...

This is so pretty Vicky! You must have a lot of patience to sew all those beads on! Love the red ceramic beads, they really pop!

Cuchy said...

You've been busy and patient sewing all those beads.
Fantastic result. So beautiful

Anneke said...

A piece of art!!!