Thursday 4 February 2010

Gothic Arch, Lace & A Kitten...







Look who`s been helping me in my craft room, & at the computer LOL...Her name is Minkie, & she`s a cross Chinchilla cat, & she`s just adorable! But she`s not mine, I just babysit her during the day, she happens to be DD`s, & she`s been having a ball in my craft room, I never knew there were so many places for a kitten to hide in/climb into/ lay on/ play in. Thankfully, she`s very smart & fully toilet-trained, but I did have a lot of trouble getting my latest bit of work done...Minkie took a liking to the piece of lace I was working with, so let`s just say she`s VERY playful & leave it at that :)
So, without boring you further, here is my Gothic arch to match the lace theme in INKURABLE STAMPERS Gothic arch year-long challenge, which is now up to its second arch. You can read all the details HERE
I stuck an old book page onto my arch, then painted it with a coating of MM specialty glaze in Rose Petal, & when dry I applied some Twinks H2O wc paint to the edges in Cinnamon brown. I then used my Crafty Individuals stamp (part of my prize from Inkurable Stampers, thanks Sarah) & Jet black Archival ink to stamp directly onto the arch. I covered the image with clear EP, & applied a second pair of wings (stamped onto some wc paper) & stuck with some mounting tape. I added my piece of lace (singeing the edges) & added some KG to the dress & wings to balance the pearls & sequins on the lace. I had left it at that, but I knew it needed something else, & this morning -right on cue- I received my order from TSQ, & I had a play with one of the stamps in my parcel...it was just what I needed to complete my arch. I stamped the "seize the day" stamp (Catslife Press from THE STAMPING QUEEN) onto kraft cs with Timber brown StaZon, cutting & mounting the words individually with foam tape. I also used the ampersand from a COLLECTIONS alpha set (also from TSQ) covering it in Opals & the letter tiles are also from Collections. Here is the Flickr group for the INKURABLE STAMPERS arches (you need to be signed-in to view all of them, as I found out last week LOL)
This is only my second arch, & I am so enjoying working with this shape & size... I hope you get a chance to do something creative, thanks for visiting & I hope you come back again soon : ) Now I`d better go, I hear some mysterious sounds coming from my craft room LOL, B4N
















































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vickie,
What a beautiful little kitty! She is so sweet, I bet your daughter just loves her. Your arch is lovely (as always). I just love seeing your creations

DebiJ said...

My, my what a gorgeous little kity cat....she is perfect! Just love your arch...just fabulous, with wonderful lace too.

Lyn S said...

Aww, what a cutie! Love the piece of lace you used on your arch, just gorgeous! Great techniques with the paints and stamps too Vicky, well done!