Wednesday 12 November 2008

Time Flies ...

...When you`re having fun. I only got to do 2 of the 3 set challenges for last weekend`s CC over at SBT50, but I was quick off the mark for the scavenger hunt LOL. Challenge #1 had to have a beach theme, & there had to be sand (or rather, something to represent sand), I used beads on my alphas. I used BB cs, MME pp(orange pp), 7 Gypsies pps, chipboard letters painted with acrylic paint, & covered with DM (& if you squint you can see the beads on "fun"LOL). I added a UL rub-on, & the 3 flowers (2 of which were a very timely gift from Barb, of TSQ, thanks Barb).


For challenge #2 we had to do a LO all about what summer means to us, using bright summer colours & includind some journaling...




Again, BB cs, white & green acrylic paint, MM cb alphas, ribbons (one of the ribbons was the daisy-chain one which I cut apart to use as bullets for the journaling), brads, Signo gel pen, & another UL rub-on.
Just in case you`re curious, the journaling reads: Stifling Heat, Lakes Entrance,Long late-night walks on the beach, Washing is dry within a few minutes..., There`s always sand in the car, Smell of sunscreen in the air, Peppermint & choc-chip icecream, yum!
Well, I`m happy to report that I was one of the lucky winners of the scavenger hunt (who knew I`d be a good hunter? ), AND I also won a prize for my "Summer" LO, so thank you Victoria over at SBT50 for the awesome challenges, & thank you Diane over at Scrapbook Savvy for sponsoring our play-time...
There`s lots of new competitions happening over at SBT50, so if you`re looking for a friendly place to hang out, or want some inspiration, go check it out...
Now I`ll try to catch up on some Blurfing, thanks for stopping by, & I hope all`s well in your neck of the woods, B4N



No comments: